Post Office Headquarters
This expressionist clinker brick structure is closely connected with the emergence of television in Germany, and was always a place for developing new technologies. Post Office architect Edmund Beisel designed the building together with Karl Pfuhl. It was completed in 1930. The site had originally been used by the army, and already contained several brick buildings. The architects decided to connect the new building by a bridge to a former warehouse building. The latter then also housed Post Office functions. Inside the newer building there are some splendid Art Deco ornaments.
The building remains the headquarters of Telekom, which has seen successive changes of name and organisation over the decades.
Write a comment