RAW-Tempel, formerly RAW II
The site today known as RAW-Tempel was once one of Berlin’s most important railway engineering works. Rail Engineering Workshop Berlin II was built from 1867, after completion of the east-west line through the city. The site between the tracks, Warschauer Straße and Revaler Straße grew steadily through the addition of new buildings for workshops, administration and service functions. It was heavily bombed during the Second World War.
The workshops were successively closed beginning in 1991, and a few years later the cultural association RAW-Tempel began using the site for new purposes. Today it hosts sports facilities, cafés, bars, eateries and nightclubs.Write a comment