Peter Behrens Building, former NAG
This building named after the architect Peter Behrens marks the end of Wilhelminenhofstraße. Completed in 1917, the building is particularly conspicuous for its striking water tower. The Nationale Automobil-Gesellschaft (NAG) manufactured a wide range of vehicles here until the mid-1930s. Then the parent company AEG moved Telefunken’s research and production to this site. In East German times the Werk für Fernsehelektronik (Factory for television electronics) produced above all picture tubes for televisions here. These were also exported, and Samsung continued production here until 2005. Today several firms and the HTW University of Applied Sciences use the site. Other parts of the complex stand empty and are awaiting future use.
Visitor Center Industriesalon Schöneweide (Large parts of the works collection can be seen here today)Write a comment