• Funkhaus Nalepastraße: Funkhaus Nalepastraße with the River Spree in the foreground

    Funkhaus Nalepastraße with the River Spree in the foreground Copyright:Keshet GmbH & Co. KG

  • Funkhaus Nalepastraße: The main studio at its reopening in 1956

    The main studio at its reopening in 1956 Copyright:Bundesarchiv, Bild 183-36132-0007 / Sturm, Horst / CC-BY-SA via Wikimedia Commons

Funkhaus Nalepastraße

The first part of Funkhaus Nalepastraße was built in a great hurry from 1951, because the eastern part of the city lacked a broadcasting house of its own. The ensemble comprises four buildings in all. They were built in the subsequent years on the site directly beside the River Spree and are connected by bridges. The two studios have always been highly appreciated for their outstanding acoustics. The East German state broadcaster used the complex until it ceased broadcasting in 1990. Today musicians from all over the world record in the superb studios and enjoy the pleasant 1950s atmosphere.

Portrait in the folder “Berlin’s Industrial Heritage”

Funkhaus Nalepastraße

Broadcastingcenter Nalepastraße in the Berlin Monument Database (German)

Funkhaus Nalepastraße on Wikipedia (German)

Write a comment