Cottbus Diesel Power Station
The former Cottbus Diesel Power Station is today well known also beyond the city as a museum of modern art. Designed by Werner Issel and completed in 1928, the power station was converted and restored in 2008. Where once electricity was generated, today sculptures and paintings are exhibited behind the finely patterned brick façade.
The power station’s diesel generator was designed to cover peak loads, powering up when required. The site also contained a substation. The equipment for both came from AEG in Berlin. But technological advances led to the power station being decommissioned in 1959.Write a comment