Shortly after it was founded in 1870, the Deutsche Bank commissioned the architects Hermann Ende and Wilhelm Böckmann to plan its own headquarters building, for which it acquired a large site on Französische Straße. Some of the subsequent conversions and expansions were connected by bridges. By 1914 the Deutsche Bank complex extended across three blocks.
Founded by renowned bankers and industrialists, the bank served from the outset as an important support for German exporters. It was closely connected with industry and backed German firms realising projects all over the world.Write a comment