BAE Batterien GmbH, formerly AFA
BAE Batterien GmbH is one of the last major manufacturers operating in Oberschöneweide, an industrial location it had shaped from the outset. At the beginning of the 20th century the works received a boost in orders through the merger of Loewe with AEG and operated under the name AFA (Accumulatoren Fabrik Aktiengesellschaft). It was one of the world’s leading manufacturers, mainly producing small batteries.
After the First World War the plant remained a major producer thanks to a merger with Pertrix. New technologies were continuously developed, and research and production continue there to this day. In 1958 the factory was renamed in Berliner Akkumulatoren- und Elementfabrik (BAE).
Write a comment